Contact me at micah [dot] richey [at] rochester [dot] edu for a complete CV.
Areas of Interest
Metaethics, Ethics, Metaphysics, Social & Political Philosophy
Ph.D., Philosophy (University of Rochester, expected 2018)
M.A., Philosophy (Western Michigan University, 2013)
B.A., Philosophy & Visual Art (Bethel College, 2010)
Instructor of Record, University of Rochester
Introduction to Philosophy (Summer 2016)
Teaching Assistant, University of Rochester
Ethical Decisions in Medicine | William Fitzpatrick (Spring 2015, 2017)
Introduction to Philosophy | Hayley Clatterbuck (Spring 2016)
Contemporary Moral Issues | William Fitzpatrick (Fall 2014-2016)
Instructor of Record, Western Michigan University
Biomedical Ethics (Summer and Fall 2012, Spring 2013)
Teaching Assistant, Western Michigan University
Biomedical Ethics | David Paul (Fall 2011, Spring 2012)
- “Comments on Ishtiyaque Haji, ‘Luck, Compatibilism, and Libertarianism’”, Canadian Philosophical Association Congress, University of Ottawa, 2015.
- “Distinguishing Virtue from Social Intelligence,” 7th Annual UAPA Graduate Conference, University at Albany, 2014.
- “Reframing Moral Intuitions: Primary Intuitions and Hard Cases,” Brown Bag Lecture Series, Western Michigan University, 2012.
- “Evolutionary Psychology and the Limits of Moral Intuitions,” Graduate Philosophy Workshop, Western Michigan University, 2012.
- “Comments on Barry Maguire, ‘Defending the Additive Theory of Weighing Reasons,’” 6th Annual Graduate Philosophy Conference, Western Michigan University, 2012.
- Category Editor, Justifications of Human Rights on PhilPapers, <https://philpapers.org/browse/justifications-of-human-rights>, 2017-present.
- Submission Reviewer, Canadian Philosophical Association Congress, 2015-2016.
- Assistant Organizer, Metaphysics Meets Philosophy of Physics Workshop, University of Rochester, 2014.
- Co-organizer, 5th & 6th Annual Graduate Philosophy Conference, Western Michigan University, 2012-2013.